CASAC promotes math and science education and hands-on learning through efforts by teachers,
local businesses and community leaders. CASAC’s premiere event is the annual Science Fair,
held to give students of the Carlisle Area School District and South Middleton School District
the opportunity to learn and share what they’ve discovered.
Each year, over 600 students enter the CASAC Science Fair, where they have the opportunity to show
their understanding of the scientific method and which steps are required to solve or further investigate
a problem that intrigues them. CASAC also sponsors an annual awards dinner at which we present medals
to the top science students in each grade or subject. In addition, CASAC awards two college scholarships
to senior high school students who wish to further their understanding of science through a college education.
YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED!
We are constantly seeking public support in several ways. Please consider the following ways in which you can help:
- Serve on the Board of Directors for CASAC - meetings are held once a month at the St. Patrick Parish Activity Center
- Become a judge at our annual Science Fair:
- For the Junior/Senior division, contact Kevin Spicer
- For the Elementary division, contact Joan Mulholland
- Make a tax deductible donation to help promote an interest in science among our area’s young people